A cheat sheet for vegans who want to stray the healthy way.
People choose to become vegan for different reasons, but for some it's tough to stick to such a strict diet. Seagan Eating offers a healthy alternative by motivating you to adopt a "seagan" diet—largely plant-based but including seafood. At the same time, the book discourages "evil" ingredients and addresses many of today's food conundrums (GMOs, organic versus nonorganic, etc.). A recipe section features easy-to-make fish dishes, plus some of Amy's most decadent vegan recipes. As with the authors' first book, The Vegan Cheat Sheet, all recipes are oil-free. It's the ultimate manual for delicious, healthful eating.
You will learn to:
- Maximize your nutrient intake with plant-based, nutrient-dense foods, along with omega 3 rich fish.
- Enjoy more freedom when preparing meals or dining out by including some seafood in your diet.
- Prepare satisfying portions by eliminating or lightening up on unhealthy fats.
- Avoid the "bad boys" (additives, sugars, trans fats, etc.).
- Use healthy replacements for popular "guilty pleasures" (i.e., fast food and junk food).
Paperback: 272 pages
Publisher: TarcherPerigee (July 5, 2016)
Available for order at Amazon.com.